Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Is the 'art of dating' lost?



Topic of discussion I came across while listening to Russ Parr this morning on the radio: is there a lost art to "dating"? I couldn't believe how stupid some people sounded when they called in to voice their opinions, however I might retract that statement because we do live in a 'Crazy World'. Now I'm not a "sucka for love mm mm sucka for love" lols as Cam would say, but I do think that dating can be fun and interesting so quite frankly I enjoy it...The question begs that while yea I do currently have a significant other ("boo, shorty, wiz, wifey, main joint, etc.) it excites me to do things with her & if I wasn't "bunned-up" I'd still be just as excited to do things with other girls...Call me a ladies' man or whateva but I take pride in knowing that I can call a girl & do lunch or a movie or go bowling or wine tasting or take a sporadic trip somewhere and it be just that. I mean I love my n*ggas but where's my b*tches ya digg...Now the first thing you learn in the 'hood is homeboy love,& its cool to hang w/ya mans& dem & build yall's relationship but who in the woooorld wants to spend ALL DAY w/a bunch of men & girls likewise. Now for me its just as cool to chill @da crib, have nothing to do, have my homeboys over & invite some girls over & just kick. But I mean come on there can't be a "lost art" to dating, because I'm still on earth...SHEEESH! Then they say well what do people expect: i.e."does the man pay for everything if you go out?", "if he does, what is he expecting in return, if anything?", "is it a down payment for "some goodies" later on?", "do ladies think dudes are soft if they show chivalry?", "do ladies use guys for dates& then go home to a dude that dogs them out but he good in the bed?", lmao this 1 girl even said: "how many dates are you supposed to go on before you "jump" into a relationship?" WTF SILLY GIRL??? I mean when you go on dates, they should be used as relationship builders by getting to know someone(their likes & dislikes), you should establish boundaries for expectations in the BEGINNING if there are any, & have knowledge of what exactly a date is: a social appointment, engagement, or occasion arranged beforehand with another person...If you intend on making it more than that then let the other person know (I mean MY STARS! lols) Okay so then it popped up does chivalry exist? Sure it does, I hold doors for females I don't even know when I'm walking out the gas station & if walking downtown I step to the outside of the sidewalk & politely ask the female to step inner if she isn't already. Now you gotta pardon some dudes, because they may be ignorant to this fact(& all this means is that you can't take for granted that everyone had someone to teach them what to do & how to honor & truly respect a female). Anyone that knows me knows I'm "tough"[ain't a hood n*gga, but a n*gga from the hood...see momma stayed on me so I turned out pretty good...but if you wanna try it, sucka now hea we can do it...haha sleep Tylenol PM if I pull it...sh-sh sheep yea count 'em for the rest of your life] or "hard"[pause]or wateva(girls I go out with like this too, because they like to feel protected by the man they're with) and will knock someone's head off[if necessary] so you might not think that I had this level of cordiality, but I do so I hate(well really don't like) when people say "oh yeah, chivalry is dead"...I be wanting to scream like NO IT AINT B*TCH lols & long as I live Imma hip other young men(my sons are gon' be sumthin serious) to the game ya digg??? Anyways as always feel free to put your 2 cents in & comment...Definitely awaiting some replies to this 1...

No comments:

Post a Comment