Tuesday, May 26, 2009

So while I was away...

I had the privilege of attending a charity ball hosted by the Iota Mu chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha at the Nasher Art Museum on Duke University...I mean yall know "I'm Mr. Popular so go get your binoculars" (I forget who said that off the top of the brain but anyways if I like it I borrow haha) & they had singer/songwriter Teedra Moses(who is bad btw) as the guest performer. So you know I arrived fashionably late(which means yea I was fly but I got lost somewhere on the way) & I missed her entire show which she did like 5 or 6 songs...Now boooooooy you talk about somebody that was irritated @ missing the show, because I've been a "fan"(admirer of her work esp. the 1st album: 'Complex Simplicity'w/cuts like 'Be Your Girl' & 'You'll Never Find'--I'm telling you my Itunes is SERIOUS MAN!) I mean I really wanted to see her& hear her sing(I don't get like this over any1 hardly esp. since I've seen just about everybody perform...name 'em & try me...James Brown had the BEST performance I've ever seen live!) I thought they were kidding when I got there and they said she "just walked off the stage" I was like awwwwwwww maaaaan(in a 1st graders' voice)...so me being me, I saw her walking thru the crowd with her technician, I abruptly stopped her & here is how the conversation goes:

Me: ayy Teedra
Teedra: hey wassup
(as I grab her hands to hold them & look in her eyes)[whew, lawdamercy]
Me: Yo...U finished the show? I mean like you not getting back on stage?
T: Oh No...Yea, I'm finished...
Me: Maaaan dag, can you get up there & sing like 1 more song...I missed the whole show yo...I mean I been listening to your record since the joint with 'Kiss(Jadakiss, the rapper)...Word to everything I been tryna put people on to get them to come to the ball & let 'em know who you are and allthat...
T: (she smiles & steps a bit closer as she begins to sing just for me) Annnnd IIIII wonder if you even notice me, annnnd ohhhh you gotta feeeel meeeee[eh] youuu see IIIII willll loooove yoouuu good...just wanna be yooour girl oooohh oooohhh[fades out]
Me: (smiling like omg girl you can sing)
So then...
1 of the Aka's hosting walks over and says, "Bruce, where's your girlfriend?"
T: (immediately drops my hands & says-->) oh no, you not gon' get me in trouble, I ain't tryna have to fight!
Me: (moved to laughing) Nah, nah it ain't even like that yo(smh like now why this girl had to come mess it up for the kid lols)

(peep the ascot...who u know fresher than me?!?! riddle me that lols)

...But for real y'all I won't even tryna holla I just wanted to hear ma-ma sing! (Until I saw her walkaway...then I thought OMG she phatt) No wonder she be singing about what she sing about! Somebody is luuuucky! Prolly coulda been me while she was in Durham, ahht well but whateva I'm goody wit my shorty lols[u know who u are] owww almost caught slippin but still waaavy no less! Shouts to TEEDRA! <3 u baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment