Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Artist Profile: DRAKE


Aite so what better way to get the hang of things than to "just have at it". So while I was home in the great state of VA, my mans MF from New Haven,CT(shouts to my 203 ppl) put me onto a rap artist named Drake. I oft times lend my ear to a wide variety of genres and give any artist with talent "a chance"(you should check my itunes, might be surprised). I was quite impressed, and listened to homie basically all day(even told MF to burn me a copy from his media player but u kno n*ggas aint never got no cds--pardon the double or in this case "triple" negative smh). From what I understand, apparently he and the self-proclaimed "Prince of VA" are somewhat tight. He appears on a few of Trey Songz records and vice versa. Even has a cameo in Songz' 'Wonder Woman' video. This Canadian multi-talented entertainer also sings(sounds pretty good) and is an up-and-coming actor who has a recurring role on Degrassi: The Next Generation and appeared in a film with Robert Downey Jr. released last year titled, 'Charlie Bartlett'. Check his mixtapes & songs such as: Ransom ft. Lil Wayne, Pop Rose & Replacement Girl both ft. Trey Songz, and his "Swagga Like Us" freestyle. One starter mixtape I suggest is Comeback Season(hence the photo). Tell me what you think. Peep his official website at thisisdrake.com .Look forward to seeing & hearing more from this artist & when he blowup all crazy make sure you know MaCGuyver got it too you EARLY, won't take credit for being the 1st but u gotta start somewhere lls & DRAKE if you come cross the blog HOLLA@me homie...lemme get on a song or in a video or sumn "I CAN ACT TOO!"(smh say whachu wanna abt this shoot da kidd gotta eat too lmao).

No comments:

Post a Comment