Thursday, January 15, 2009

PRAY FOR THIS PERSON...Puuuhlease!

If you've ever heard anything from this artist then you already know what it is! This is musically one of my favorite artists to hear from, but wth is wrong with shorty?!?! Amy Winehouse, 25 {pictured above}, won five of the recording industry's prestigious Grammy awards in 2008. She's headed down a path of self-destruction with violent domestic abuse, self harm, eating disorders, alcohol, & drugs {weed,crack, ecstasy, dope, & ketamine?!?! smh all that tho}. The star from Britain, publicly made a hit out of her addictions with the hit record 'Rehab' from the 2006 released 'Back to Black' album, boasting "they tried to make me go to rehab and i said no no no"{ smh this reminds me of early Destiny's Child "you say no no no no no when its really yea yea yea yea yea"}. That wasn't one of my favorite records from her...I actually got put onto her when I saw her video for 'You Know I'm No Good', then like I oft times do I went "diggin in the crates" and heard her Amy Winehouse 'Frank' album{also piff} Its been reported recently that her husband is seeking a divorce on the grounds of Amy's adultery...maybe this is a necessary step in improving the quality of her life; bc the quality of her music is just as DOPE as the drugs she's on. Again, people please say a prayer for this musical genius. Sheesh! Makes me wonder do y'all also see a trend of artists from overseas crossing over into American mainstream and dropping hits? Winehouse, Estelle {like the 'American Boy' record, its catchy & Kanye puts the extra push behind it}, M.I.A. {paper planes is my shhhhh! Must be T.I., Weezy, Jay Z, & Kanye's joint too i.e. "swagga like us" got the sample from her}, the girl that originally wrote and sung 'Like a Boy' before Beyonce people jacked it. Sean Paul {don't act like 'Gimme the Light' or 'Get Busy' won't your jam when they came out smh}, check my 2nd post on Drake {he's Canadian}, Shaggy {i mean didnt dude pass platinum status and go diamond}? LMAO I mean even Heavy D is making reggae now! Could be nothing, but to my artists out their starving... this just might be worth ya while of looking further into this. I GOT NOTHING BUT LOVE FOR YA BABY {i still say this lls (in the Heavy D voice smh)}!

No comments:

Post a Comment